The Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD) is a premier institution in the field of Human Resource Development with a distinguished record of service spanning more than 37 years. To meet the long felt need for a basic qualification in Training & Development, a focused correspondence Course-Diploma in Training & Development was introduced in April, 1979. This is the only professional course recognised by Govt. of India for training of trainers in the country and is designed to meet today's Training/HRD challenges. This Diploma Programme is managed by a Board consisting of eminent HRD professional and academicians.
"Visit our ISTD National Chapter website http://www.istd.co.in/"
At present a large number of ISTD Diploma holders are occupying senior positions in the field of Training & Development/Human Resource Development in various Central Government Departments, Public and Private organisations.
ISTD Diploma in Training & Development is a distance learning Programme of 18 months duration. The medium of the programme is English only. A student of this programme is entitled to use suffix 'Dip TD' on successful completion of all the eight Theory papers & the Internship Project Report.
Services / Facilities
As a part of Diploma Programme, Students are provided with the following support:
- Study Material for each paper
- Evaluation of Response Sheets and Feed back
- Issues of ISTD's quarterly Journal, IJTD for one year
- Facility to get books on loan from ISTO Library
- Contact Classes to help integrate learning
- Accessibility of Senior ISTD professionals as per requirements
- Project Work for field Exposure
- Placement Facilitation after successful completion of the graduate diploma
- Examination Centre's in different locations for student convenient
- Diploma Programme Communique (a quarterly bulletin)
- Free Membership for one year on completion of the course
- Subsidised entry to several ISTD activities on a life long basis
- Recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, for the purpose of recruitment to superior posts under the Central Government.
- Approved by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Govt. of India under its Faculty Development Scheme.
- Approved by the Director (Training), DGR, Army HQ, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
- Recognised by corporate sectors such as ACC, Apollo Group of Hospitals, BHEL, FCI, HAL, HOCL, IIHMAR, IOC, L&T, NBCC, SAIL, SCL, State Bank of India Staff College, TCIL, MsourcE India Pvt. Ltd., Hero Mindmine, The Singareni Colleieries Company Limited, TCS, Assam Institute of Management (IOC), Bank of Baroda, Tata Steel Limited etc.